Sunday, December 2, 2007

Super Powers

Kids say the darndest things. I think that is one of the main purposes of this blog is to document all the crazy things that come out of our kid's mouths. It is so easy to laugh and then forget a few days later (except for a few of the classics that I will post someday), but if these gems are written down as they are dropped on us, eventually we'll have a nice little collection of family humor. Of course, they probably won't be as amusing to you as they are to us so including them here is probably as much for us as anybody.


Hayden is into super heroes and their special powers. The other day he asked Nikki if he could go to the power store and get some powers. He wanted to pick up some shrinking powers and some flying powers. Can you imagine a store that sells super powers? You think Wal-Mart is crazy on Black Friday, what if on the morning after Thanksgiving they had "Buy Invisibility get X-Ray Vision Free!"


Last week in Sacrament meeting Hayden was getting a little rambunctious during the Sacrament so I told him this was a time to be quiet and think about Jesus. A few moments later I noticed he was sitting there doing a pretty good job and he looked up at me and said, "I'm thinking about Jesus coming over to my house to play games." I'm sure He'd love a round of Jenga, Guess-Who, or Candyland.


Love,
Brikki

No comments: