Sunday, November 9, 2008

Halloween

What is this? What did you say? Someone is just giving out candy? Who is giving out candy? EVERYONE THAT WE KNOW IS JUST GIVING OUT CANDY!!!???
- Jerry Seinfeld

If you've never heard Jerry Seinfeld's routine on Halloween, it's a classic and I would encourage you to check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfk2me7p9us

We had a fun Halloween. It started out with the Walker party, which traditionally includes stuffing our faces with good food and fun games. The kids throw candy corns in a cup and eat donuts on a string. The boys were the Dynamic Duo of Batman and Robin. I told Hayden that I should've dressed up as the Joker and he said, "No, because that would freak me out and I would have to fight you." That was a great point. From the look of this picture, he was not joking. He takes his responsibilities seriously.

Cole was just fine with the mask, which surprised us. The first time we put it on him he threw a fit when we took it off.



On Halloween night we had a little party. We made some homemade rootbeer. The CO2 was pooring over the counter and the boys had a blast with that.



Here are the kids having dinner before going trick-or-treating.


I thought this was a great picture of Jet, Hayden, and Trey getting into character.


The dynamic duo.



Cole was even beatin' the streets. Candy is a powerful motivator. I was there to filter the candy and make sure it was safe, in other words, pick out the Snickers and let him have the Smarties.


Love,
Brikki





5 comments:

Brie Wheelwright said...

They are so cute! I love the costumes. I can't believe how much Cole has changed since we left. He looks so much like Hayden in those pictures. Nikkie, my mom said you're doing awesome with Scentsy! That's so great.
Miss you guys!

Jennifer said...

Those are the cutest pictures I have ever seen! Robin and his smile made me laugh so hard I cried.

Crystal said...

I love the costumes! Cole HAS changed so much! His hair is so blonde! That just goes to show how long it has been since we've seen him! Looks like you had lots of fun for Halloween!

The Old's said...

Just to prove people do read and love your blog and to keep posting more pictures, I thought I better comment. Great job! I want copies of the pictures. MOM

Sandy said...

Hey Nikki-
Cute family! Looks like you have so much fun together. You are an adorable mom! I hope you don't mind me looking around your blog...your house looks amazing too!