Sunday, April 19, 2009

Soccer

The weather cleared up and we had a beautiful day on Saturday.  Just in time for Hayden's first soccer game.  Because of weather they had only practiced once and for a lot of the kids, including Hayden, this is their first time playing any organized sport.  I was worried it might be total chaos, but it turned out pretty good.  Hayden chased the ball around, along with the other kids and got a few kicks in.   His coach had him play goalie for a while and he did pretty good.  He had one drop kick that kind of surprised us all.  He was pretty proud of that one.  He said to me later, "Remember when I dropped kicked it and it went way up in the sky?".  I was just hoping that the whole experience wouldn't end in tears so all in all I think it was a succesful first outing.



Here  me and Cole are giving Hayden some last-minute pointers on playing goalie.  Cole wanted to play with the big boys so bad.  We had to keep grabbing him to keep him off the field.





2 comments:

Dallas Daines said...

The soccer game was so fun!! Hayden did so good! Let me know when the next one is so I can come again.

Towne Family said...

It's good to see the Petersen's back up and running. We've missed hearing about you guys. Your boys are adorable.