Tuesday, January 5, 2010

School


The posts have not been consistent, but I've been gathering material and its time to get it out there before I forget it.

We had a momentous event with Hayden starting kindergarten this year. He was excited about it. How could I tell? Well, before school started he tried to convince me that he would be going to school in the morning and then back again at night. Night school for a five year old? Wow, I had to get to bottom of that. When I asked where he got that idea he told me to read the letter we got in the mail from the school. So I start reading the and I get to the part where talks about "Back to School Night". Hayden says, "See, right there! It says I go back to school at night!" That was funny but even more funny that he was excited at the thought of going to school at night as well as in the morning.

Well, they must be teaching them something down there at the kindergarten. I say that because politics is not a common topic of conversation at our house but one morning eating breakfast Hayden saw the picture below in the local newspaper and said, "They cut Obama in half?!?!?"

Sometimes we get these glimpses into the way a little kid's mind works, and I just wish I could know what he is thinking all the time because I have a feeling it would be pretty entertaining.

No comments: